Followers

Follow. Make money.

Click "Join This Site" to become a follower of my blog. Each email entry enters you to win a $25 Visa Gift Card. Good Luck!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bevvies, Bucket of Snots, and Buzzies. That's right boyo.

 
 Kilarney, Ireland


As I was sitting here enjoying heaven wrapped in a flour tortilla, also known as a Chipotle burrito, I happened upon some of my pictures from Ireland (2004). It made me realize how depressing the desert is and how beautiful the greenness of the potato land really was: the grass really is greener on the other side.

Kilarney, Ireland
 
 I remember a time in a pub where there was an Irishmen's fight, with Guinness and a fist ready simultaneously, and I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. So, I am going to imagine that they screamed these non-sense Irish slang words to each other.

 They had had a few Bevvies: Beverages and they were Circling over Shannon: drunk. Both were Bucket of Snots: an ugly person (Hey, they were. Honesty is the best policy) And once the short one realized he had no chance he started Brickin' It: nervous to the point of soiling oneself. I do remember the bartender saying, "Dry Your Arse!": Clean up and shut up and the Chucker-Out: Bouncer/Doorman ended it all.


                                Kissing The Blarney Stone: I got the gift of gab: obviously.

Now some of this might have seemed more exciting to me then, and I possibly made some of it up too, but those words are ridiculously hilarious. You know it.  (For more of them visit: http://www.irishslang.co.za/print.htm)

In celebration of the upcoming St. Patty's Day we here at On The Road A-Gallion (and by we I mean just me and my computer) have created a t-shirt to save you from pinching, from slightly intoxicated people from trying to read your funny shirt with words on it, and keep you looking classy.


Merchandise Provided by Shirt Happens
$15 Order By Email: agallion@email.arizona.edu


































Until next time Buzzies: Travelers.

Stay Tuned,

Alyssa Gallion

No comments:

Post a Comment