Followers

Follow. Make money.

Click "Join This Site" to become a follower of my blog. Each email entry enters you to win a $25 Visa Gift Card. Good Luck!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Have You Met.....Alyssa?

Well, hello. My name is Alyssa Gallion. There are few things you should know about me:


1.  I am a student. The word STUDENT should be synonymous with the word broke-ass fool. I live with my parents and my brother (free of rent, not free of annoyances).

I drive a Ford Taurus like a cool kid,which is still more fashionable than the mini-van I rolled in in high school. It had candle logos on the back, with CNDLVAN as the license plate,  and magnetics adhered to the side.
Yea, super sweet.

And best of all, six hours after I receive a paycheck it directly is given to the slaving institution known as the University of Arizona. Sometimes I decide to get some discount knowledge at Pima Community College where the same people who shop at Wal-mart sometimes are found studying sign-language in my Public Speaking course: does anyone else find that ironic?

2.  I work at In N Out Burger. Who knew flipping burgers (which I am not even allowed to do yet, by the way) would be so dang complicated. I mean, really.

I have been training on how to put together the burgers, which involves: dressing the burger, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, pickles, chilies, what have you. Then you call off your fries, you communicate with your cook, you get the packaging ready and hope no one hands an order out wrong. Wipe the spread, flatten the lettuce, no holes in your tomato!

I told my mom after the start of training on Board (what its called in INO terms to build the burger) that if I had time to cry I would, but there's no time for that here. You say: Right On.

3. I am a traveler. This is why I am here. I love to travel and experience other cultures to find out how lucky I am and where I am sure I won't be building my dream house. (By the way Louisville, Kentucky and Atlanta, Georgia are top on that list)

I went to England, Ireland and Wales with People to People student ambassadors my freshmen year of high school and had a homestay in Ireland. This involved three children who: braided my hair in so many ways even Dennis Rodman was like, "Damn." Fresh milk off the farm which was thicker than Beyonce's Single Lady thighs and towels that were quaintly hung out to dry using the fresh odor of not Gain dryer softener but the wafting smells of cow manure. Yum. I am glad I went though, because it led to my next journey: Israel.

Now, this was a trip. I went to synagogues, mosques, cathedrals, Haifa, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, and the official Holocaust Museum. But the most interesting and proud moment I had was when I was approached by Gilad and his brother. Now, being the only blonde in that country which was only 200 miles long, I was a hot commodity. I did not know this however, until Gilad and his brother decided that I would be the worthy candidate of 100 camels in exchange for my hand in marriage.

Now I don't know about you...but I think a person is well worth at least 1,000 camels. C'mon.  It was tempting: Ah, the shores of the medditerranean splashing at my feet and the sunsets falling below the horizon....yes, please. However, a man with a gold chain hanging upon hair on his chest thick enough to make a persian rug with only one tooth to his name? No thanks. And so these are the travels of my past.


Stay Tuned.

Alyssa Gallion

No comments:

Post a Comment