Followers

Follow. Make money.

Click "Join This Site" to become a follower of my blog. Each email entry enters you to win a $25 Visa Gift Card. Good Luck!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Finger Lickin' Good, Y'all.



So, I bet you are wondering why I haven't posted in awhile. Or you really could care less. Either way, I will tell you where I have been lingering. Recently I went to open a few In N Out Burger's, sharing the love of the Double Double with the good folks of Texas and training some young-ins on the burger business. Not only did I wrap more burgers than I ever want to again, but I also got a taste of the best dang barbecue around.

Coming from Tucson, the land of 4th avenue hippies, gastro-pubs, and organic preferred restaurants; it was a shock to find that I couldn't find a single chicken breast that wasn't battered, deep-fried, or lathered in one of Paula Deen's signature food groups: butter. So if you can't beat them? Join them.

That is what led me to Hard Eight Barbecue, where not only are your potatoes loaded but so are the guns of the patrons. Yee-haw. You order straight from the pit and request by the pound. That one pound of pork of which is still on my behind. Nevertheless, it was worth it.


So enjoy, ogle, drool and travel on.

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment